, a component of Tcl Dev Kit
, translates Tcl scripts into bytecode format.
See Also edit
- the analagous component of TclPro
- Compiling tcl sources with ActiveState tclcompiler using Makefile
- official reference
Compiler provieds a GUI
for easy access to the tools features. It is also integrated with TclApp
, the starkit
-based tool for wrapping and rapid and easy deployment
The files generated by this tool can be loaded by the package tbcload
- Compile scripts independently of execution, then store for loading and executing when you need them.
- Distribute bytecode files instead of source code to protect your intellectual property.
- Simplify support by distributing code that cannot be modified by users.
- Use with TclApp to create bundled applications that don't require special installation.