- Many important companies has their product web-based. This translates to more pressure to add more features and new standards to the web. Internet is evolving fast.
- Nowadays browsers are very well equipped, and make abstractions of technical details and differences between operating systems. It gives you a lot of possibilities out of the box: rendering of different image formats, a canvas for 2D and 3D drawing, bidirectional communications with the server, peer to peer communication with other browsers without any intermediary, video and audio players, an API to store persistent data,...
- Almost everyone with a personal computer has a browser installed. Browsers form part of everyday life of people for communicating, entertainment, research, business,...
- There is a lot of web experts around the world and it's easier to hire.
- A big community. This means a lot of libraries for code reuse, tutorials and resolved questions on internet.
- It's very easy to maintain and to understand. This point is important for a long life project.
- The user don't compile nothing. The only requirement is the dynamic library to Tcl.
- It uses a library that seems that firefox will always give support: js-ctypes
- The user can eval Tcl on a worker. And there is no requirement of a Tcl with threads enabled, because the thread library is not used.
- It works for all platforms with a firefox and a Tcl 8.6 interpreter
- "The twins of Mammon quarrelled. Their warring plunged the world into a new darkness, and the beast abhorred the darkness. So it began to move swiftly, and grew more powerful, and went forth and multiplied. And the beasts brought fire and light to the darkness."
- multiprocessing remote interpreter. Threads are not more necessary - remote workers on the server - evalute tcl scripts passing parameters - browser detection - powerful configuration file - debugging tools: tcl editor, firebug lite and js console of firefox - independence of the path of the projects. The only requirement is to add the script boot.js in index.html - support for clipboard added