is a routine or program that analyses the structure of some input according to a formal grammar.
Examples would be various XML
parsers, a BibTeX parser
, and the parser for Tcl itself.
See Also edit
- command options
- grammatical analysis
- Scripted Parsing
- Static syntax analysis
- Techniques for reading and writing application configuration files
Almost all programs include parsers - at least if they read a file and process it to perform a (possibly useful) action. Excel, Word, OpenOffice, Photoshop and so on all contain parsers.
Now-a-days parsers are most often generated directly from grammar specifications instead of written by hand. Applications for doing so are called parser generator
Tcl Script Parsers edit
- parsetcl, by Lars H
- a community favorite
- ptparser, by Salvatore Sanfilippo
- comes from the Sugar macro system, but can be useful alone.
- A Tcl parser in Tcl, by George Peter Staplin
- an extension written in C (part of TclPro), is a lightweight wrapper around core parsing routines
- includes IDETclParser for Tcl scripts. used for syntax highlighting and checking
- Naive Tcl parser, by Colin McCormack
- A branch of Tcl that adds tcl::parsecommand, tcl::parseexpr.
- Tcl C API
- includes a set of Tcl_Parse*() functions
- ships with the core, in Tcltest (see definition of TestparserObjCmd in generic/tclTest.c, and tests/parse.test). This doesn't seem to be well exposed for use in scripts, though it is used for testing the core parsing routines
- The dgp-refactor branch
- contains improvements to the Tcl parser that eliminate quadratic reparsing of every nested script, and produce complete parse trees.
- scriptSplit, cmdSplit, and wordparts
- not full parsers, but useful for splitting scripts, commands and words into their components.
- ycl parse tcl stream, by PYK
- Incrementally parse a Tcl script from a channel.
Other Parsers edit
- A little Slashdot comment parser
- A little XML parser
- A partial APL parser
- BibTeX parser
- C-header Parser
- Cloverfield - Parser
- Operator precedence expression parser
- Parse Parenthesis
- Parse Quote
- Parsing an iPhoto catalog
- Parsing C
- Parsing Excel XLSX
- parsing expressions, by SS
- a Tcl prototype for a compiler written in C to turn mathematical expressions into bytecode for a stack-based machine
- Parsing HTML
- Parsing ISO8601 dates and times
- parsing Mac OS X preferences using the 'defaults' command
- Parsing PDF
- Parsing Polish notation
- Parsing RFC 1036 headers
- Parsing RFC2822 dates and times
- Parsing SQL
- Reading and parsing RFC 822 headers
- Regexp HTML Attribute Parsing
- SNMP parser
- Stephen Uhler's HTML parser in 10 lines
- An extension, written in C, that lets Tcl scripts access Tcl's own parser via the parse command.
- URL Parser
- Visual Studio 2003 .sln file parser
- XML Shallow Parsing with Regular Expressions
- YAXMLP an XML parser