is a data layout that presents data as rows and columns. Well suited to human interpretation, tables have been in use for thousands of years to visually represent data. The earliest-known tables date back to the fourth millenium B.C., and are among the earliest known examples of writing.
See also edit
- Displaying tables
- a layout manager based on the table concept.
- A "dictionary" or "matrix" is used when referring to a data structure that holds tabular data and look up by key value.
- Multicolumn listbox
- used when referring to layout multi-dimensional data in tabular way.
- nested list
- an implementation of Relational Algebra
- Exploring the Origins of Tables for Information Visualization ,Francis T. Marchese ,2011
- The Origins of Writing, the Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History
2001-02-23: So, where is the code from RS
that was used to pretty-printing a list of lists?PYK
2014-01-01: It was moved to dictionary